Crepes are an elegant, romantic dessert, and chocolate crepes makes for a striking twist. In this recipe, the chocolate crepes are filled with Nutella, the chocolate hazelnut spread, and fresh strawberries. But feel free to substitute your favorite fruits: raspberries, cubed pineapple or sliced bananas would be just as delicious.
Special Cooking Equipment Needed: Crepe pan or nonstick skillet
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 29 minutes
Yield: 8 servings (1 crepe)
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 recipe Chocolate Crepe Batter (See Variations)
- 1 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- 8 whole strawberries, for garnish
- Place the strawberries in a medium bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Toss to coat. Set aside and let the strawberries macerate, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a crepe pan over medium heat. Add a small pat of butter and swirl to coat the entire pan with the melted butter. Spoon about 1/4 cup of crepe batter onto the pan, and tilt it in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly across the surface of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the batter beings to set and the edges of the crepe appear dry. Use a turner spatula to carefully flip the crepe over and cook an additional minute.
- While the crepe is still warm, spread about 2 tablespoons in the middle of a crepe. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup strawberries. Roll or fold the crepe. Garnish with whipped cream and a whole strawberry dipped in Nutella.