This year, avoid the crowds, rest your feet and save gas, and do your holiday shopping from your computer. For cooking equipment gifts, online retailers often offer a more extensive selection and better prices than brick-and-mortar stores. Beyond just gift ideas, retailers’ websites often offer tips, interactive content, recipes and other information that can help you host a party, decorate your home, prepare an important holiday dinner and generally make your holiday season a little more elegant and effortless.
Here’s a look at some of our favorite online sources for cooking equipment, and their holiday selection and offerings for Cyber Monday and beyond.
- Williams-Sonoma: Williams-Sonoma makes finding just the right gift easy by organizing its assortment in a bunch of categories. Shop by price, by type of recipient (The Entertainer, The Wine Lover, The Hostess), or by categories like Top-Rated Gifts, Gift Sets or Stocking Stuffers. There’s even a section on Homemade Gifts: kits to make butter or mustard, holiday cupcake decorating kits, grain mills and cider and wine presses. A free shipping promotion ends at midnight PST on November 26, but watch in the coming weeks for additional deals and discounts.
- Sur La Table: Sur La Table claims, “We’ve never met a price we couldn’t match.” If you find a lower price elsewhere on a product Sur La Table carries, you can call the company (800-243-0852) and the company will meet the competitor’s price. The company also has an ongoing free shipping promotion for many of its products, for orders over $59. A holiday shopping section organizes not only gifts by price point, type and recipient, but also has seasonal tabletop and entertaining pieces. Holiday gift cards can be emailed or shipped for free.
- Crate & Barrel: Through Cyber Monday (November 26) at midnight PST, Crate & Barrel is offering a 15 percent discount (promo code SAVE15) on most items, and will also ship nearly everything except for oversized items for free. The 2012 Holiday Gift Guide can be flipped through online, page by page, and there’s also an “Inspiration” area with sections like “Mom&Daughter” or “Love&Light”. Each beautifully laid out section has interactive buttons that highlight products, free downloads, editorial content, recipes, video clips and more.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: For orders of $99 or more, you’ll enjoy free shipping through December 17. The store’s online 2012 Holiday Helpbook is like an online magazine with holiday decorating tips, entertaining timelines, party math (to estimate quantities of food and drink for entertaining), recipes and product recommendations. There are also printable checklists for hostess gift ideas, holiday meal planning and party planning timelines. Other fun content includes videos on using cooking decorating tools, carving a turkey, setting the table and making food beautiful.
- Cooking.com: You could win up to $3000 worth of kitchen equipment by participating in Cooking.com’s “Pin to Win” contest that involves creating a Pinterest board full of “dream kitchen” picks from the online retailer. Cooking.com also has a number of Cyber Week deals good through November 29, including savings of up to 40 percent on Rachael Ray stoneware, a discount of over $100 on a Cuisinart 14-cup food processor, and 50 percent off a Breville Panini press. There is free shipping on orders over $99 (with coupon code C97344), and a gift ideas section offers suggestions in categories like “Small Space Solutions,” “Our Buyers’ Favorites” and “Guy’s Gear”.