Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 pounds brisket, excess fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces pearl onions, peeled
- 1 3/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Season brisket on both sides generously with salt and pepper. Place it in the pan of a medium to large pressure cooker. Add onions, potatoes, carrots and bay leaf. In a bowl or a measuring cup, combine beef stock and Balsamic vinegar. Pour beef stock mixture over the brisket and vegetables in the pot.
- Lock the lid of the pressure cooker in place and heat the pot over high heat until high pressure is achieved. Adjust the temperature to maintain pressure and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove pot from the stove and let sit until pressure is released naturally before opening the lid.
- To serve, slice brisket into pieces across the grain and transfer to a platter. Arrange vegetables around the brisket on the platter. If desired, strain the sauce in the pan and use it as a gravy or sauce.
This recipe for Brisket with Vegetables and Balsamic Jus serves 4 to 5.