Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 19 minutes
- 2 cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained (5-6 oz. cans)
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 green onions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced dill pickle plus 2 teaspoons pickle juice, or 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 thin slices Colby cheese (about 2 to 3 ounces)
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon, celery, onions, dill pickle and pickle juice or relish, ustard, mayonnaise and dill. Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Salad can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered for up to 2 days.
- In a toaster oven or broiler, toast the English muffin halves. Arrange toasted muffins cut side up on a sheet pan, and spread about 1/4 cup salmon salad mixture over each one. Top each with a piece of cheese.
- Place salmon melts in an oven or toaster oven set to broil, and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 4 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe for Salmon Melts serves 4 people (2 muffin halves per serving).