Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 leeks, cleaned, halved lengthwise and cut into half-moon shaped slices
- 1/4 cup vermouth or white wine
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and tilt pan to coat completely with oil.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place them in the saute pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until chicken releases easy from the pan and is browned, then turn over and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes, until the other side is browned. Transfer chicken to an ovenproof platter or pan and put in the oven to finish cooking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add butter to the pan. When butter melts, add leeks and saute, stirring occasionally, until leeks are softened, about 6 minutes. Remove pan from the heat to add the vermouth, then return it to medium-low heat and cook until vermouth is nearly completely cooked down. Stir in parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken breasts from oven and let stand a few minutes before slicing chicken on the bias. Transfer chicken breasts to a dinner plate and top each with a generous spoonful of the cooked leeks.
This recipe for Chicken Breasts with Leeks and Parmesan Cheese serves 4 people.