Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 Boneless turkey breast, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Remove excess skin and fat from turkey breast and butterfly it. Spread the breast evenly with basil pesto, then roll the breast up lengthwise and tie it with string to hold the roll in place. Season the rolled breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet or baking pan just large enough to hold the rolled turkey breast on the stove over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil, and swirl pan to combine and completely coat the pan with the butter. Place turkey in pan and brown turkey on all sides, turning carefully with a large pair of tongs or two spatulas, about 7 minutes.
- Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil and transfer to the center rack of the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, basting once after 15 minutes with the pan juices. Remove aluminum foil, baste turkey again, and cook an additional 15 to 25 minutes, until the turkey is browned and the internal temperature registers 155˚F. Remove turkey from oven, transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice turkey into slices and serve immediately.
This recipe for Pesto Turkey Breast Roulade serves 6.