Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach, chopped, excess water squeezed out (fresh or frozen)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For Glaze:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, yellow onion, breadcrumbs, spinach, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, pizza seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your clean hands.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mustard and Worcester sauce, mixing well with a fork. Set aside.
- Remove the mixing paddle from the pan of the bread machine. Press about one-third of the meatloaf mixture into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Add another one-third of the meatloaf mixture, pressing it evenly into the pan over the cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Add the rest of the meatloaf mixture to the pan and press firmly to make an even, well-packed loaf.
- Place the bread machine pan in the bread machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Set on the "bake only" cycle or program the "home recipe" setting to cook for 70 minutes. After 30 minutes, open the bread machine and spoon the ketchup glaze over the meatloaf, spreading it evenly with a spatula or a basting brush, then close the lid and continue to cook.
- Using a meat temperature, check the meatloaf after an hour. It should have an internal temperature of 165˚F. When it's cooked, remove the pan from the bread machine and let it rest for 5 minutes. Use a basting bulb to remove any extra liquid (you might need to cut the first slice in order to reach it), and either slice the meatloaf right in the pan, or remove it from the pan to slice it.
Notes: If you don't have the right kind of bread machine to make this recipe, you can also put the meatloaf in a 9x5-inch loaf pan and cook it in a 350˚F oven for 60 to 70 minutes. You can also make a second batch of the ketchup glaze and pass it at the table as a sauce.
Serves 5 to 6.