Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 slicing tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 vidalia onion (about 2 ounces, or a 1 1/2-inch chunk)
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds and veins removed (use more jalapeño for spicier salsa)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- In a food processor, process Vidalia onion and jalapeno together until finely chopped.
- Cut two of the tomatoes into quarters and add tomatoes and cilantro to the food processor. Pulse several times until tomatoes are roughly chopped.
- Cut the remaining tomato into quarters, remove seeds and pulp, then dice tomato pieces.
- Transfer salsa from food processor into a bowl. Stir in diced tomato and season to taste with lime juice and salt.
Makes 2 cups of salsa.