These classic mashed potatoes are silky-smooth, thanks to the use of a potato ricer. Serve them as a base for a stew like Beef & Guinness Stew, or as a satisfying side dish for any meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, about 4 large, peeled and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add potatoes to a large pot of water, bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Remove from heat, strain. Puree potatoes with a potato ricer and transfer back into the cooking pot.
- Add milk and butter, stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.