181 Paseo de Peralta (in DeVargas Center)
Santa Fe, NM 87501
1740 Calle de Mercado
Mesilla, NM 88046
The website offers an abridged selection of the goods available in the stores, arranged by product category. For those needing inspiration, a section called "Favorites of Chef John Vollertsen" highlights some of the favorite tools of the store's culinary director.
Located in a quiet mall a short distance from Santa Fe's downtown shopping district, Las Cosas Kitchen Shoppe is a friendly, inviting space in which cooking enthusiasts will feel quite at home. Products are out of their packaging and displayed on light-wood shelving fixtures, ready for shoppers to hold and examine. Tidy aisles display baking equipment, mixing bowls and other goods, while an entire wall is devoted to cutlery and gadgets. In the back, a spacious demonstration kitchen is often in use for classes, for which students belly up to a long counter to view the action.
Products and Brands:
- Bakeware, salt cellars, butter pots and more from Emile Henri
- Cutlery from Wusthof-Trident, J.A. Henckels, Forschner, Global, Messermeister
- Dutch ovens and tagines from Le Creuset
- Mixing bowls of all sizes and materials, including metal, glass, ceramic and lightweight plastic
- A wide selection of specialty baking pans
- Gadgets from Rosle, OXO, Cuisipro, Microplane
- A wide range of rice cookers from Zojirushi
- Cookware includes Swiss Diamond, Cuisinart, All-Clad, Scanpan, Henckels and Lodge
- Juicers, waffle makers, griddles, stand mixers, blenders, ice cream makers and coffee makers
- Fine china, stemware and cutlery
Services and Events:
Las Cosas Kitchen Shoppe has a vibrant and well-respected cooking school program. Classes are held several times a week, taught by either culinary director John Vollertsen or guest chefs. Topics include basics like knife skills or grilling, as well as more specialized areas, such as Thai cooking, Southwestern sauces and salsas, or lobster clambake.
Las Cosas is staffed by a cadre of cooking enthusiasts eager to share their knowledge. They're helpful with product recommendations, tips and other information, whether in person or on the phone.