Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 pounds potatoes, white or sweet or a combination
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Peel the potatoes and cut them into equally sized cubes, about 3/4 inches square.
- As oven is heating, put the butter in the center of a sheet pan and melt it in the oven for 2 minutes or until the butter is completely melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil and thyme. Add the potatoes to the pan, using a spatula to toss the potatoes and coat them evenly with the melted butter. Spread potatoes in an even layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook at 375˚F for 30 to 45 minutes, turning the potatoes after about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender inside and their exterior is beginning to brown.
This recipe for Butter Roasted Potatoes serves 6 to 8 people as a side dish.