Roasting brings out a sweetness and a richness to Brussels sprouts. A sprinkling of pine nuts echoes the nuttiness of this easy, delicious side dish. For another way to serve Brussels sprouts, try Sauteed Brussels Sprouts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. In a bowl, drizzle Brussels sprouts with olive oil and toss to combine. Place the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450˚F for about 20 minutes, turning them over with a spatula halfway through the cooking time, until the sprouts are soft and beginning to brown.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl, toss with pine nuts.